Thursday 10 November 2011

Nushy&Nappy: the "LOVE/HISS" Affair

Ok… so being WHO I am, I probably will get tired of this routine soon.. lol… I love myself way tooo much to be caring this much for a “small jungle” developing on my head ooo…  Ah ah… (Don’t get it twisted ….. I LOVE Nappy, a lot).. No doubt, she is one beautiful ‘jungle’ , but she, however, gets me a little too exasperated lately... ok sooo.. last week Sunday…. See what happened…

I wake up, try to read my Bible and pray, and thereafter, I excitedly (as usual) get ready for the ritual boudoir workout. After taking care of Nappy and I, using the only creation that has NO enemy (water) and a couple of other tools, I dress up for church. Church was amazing, and as I head back home, it’s with the hope of resting before Ore’s (my darling fwend) birthday dinner later on…...

Giggles…Butterflies...Balloons…Colours…Bubble gum..…....FIRE ALARM????.... Noooo!!!...From where naaaa *crying*… I liked that dream.... Stupid ALARM!!!!… Shucks!!!! Its 4pm and I have to get up and get ready for Ore’s dinner… “ok lemme snooze”, I say to myself and just as I’m about to close my eyes and drift off into Dreamland for another 15minutes… wait for it…wait for it… I remember Nappy… Ah mehhnnn… oh nooo…!! I need that 15 minutes EXACTLY to care for her…oh NOOOOOO!!!!.. Me thinking = Iru wahala wo ni mo kora misi bayi? (In direct translation to English – What kind of trouble have I put myself into like this?)… So I drag myself off the bed and grudgingly “take care of nappy” (AARRGGGHHHH!!!) and get ready for the dinner (which im really glad I attended)…. *sigh*.... O GA O…na so I go dey treat hair like new born pikin? ...hmmm... mchewwwww!

FYI: NOTHING has EVER, EVER come in between me n my SLEEP before…

That’s basically how its been… a LOVE/’HISS’ affair…. I loved it A LOT on Tuesday tho ( 8th November) cos while hanging with my girls Dami and Lamide, I got alot of compliments from random peeps about how my TWA (teeny, weeny Afro) suits me…. how it looks soft and all n all n all …hehe… *blush*… On that note, however, Nappy may not be a TWA for too much longer cos im seeing some growth and getting a little nervous about it cos that means I have to pay MORE ATTENTION!!!… hmmm… ok o…hmmm… lets see how it goes… Oh yeah, by the way, Olamidun (a darling girlfriend who also encouraged me to get on the natural hair journey) finally saw Nappy on Friday (4th November) and she absolutely LOVED Nappy. ABSOLUTELY (don’t *yimu* jo… she’s blunt and doesn’t lie to me soo I believe her)… yayyyy… J

Generally, I sense that a lot of people are getting used to Nappy and on top of that, they are beginning to crush on her a lot…. U seeeeee!!!….. I told uuuuuuu….. They actually ARE getting used to it!!!!... Even though…. *insert embarrassed smiley*, I have a coupla new nicknames like … Simbi, Nkechi, Janet (both pronounced with an igbo accent), Ta-ta, Omo Skool (School Girl), Amber *blush* and strangely, still, OLD MAMA YOUNGIE (only my boss calls me that) *insert MAD smiley*… oh well… I don’t care… I still love Nappy even though she has somewhat earned me these “undignified” titles… *sigh*… the things we do for love…. (Just hope I don’t change mouth by the next tym im posting…lol..) J

No comments:

Post a Comment