Monday 14 November 2011

My FIRST Bantu Knot Out....

Hey people!!... Without too much introductory ado, lemme gist u about how the weekend went…

On Friday evening, im bored stiff at work at like 7pm waiting for Doyin to be ready and then I think to myself…. Hmmmm…. I have two weddings tomorrow and I must to like to look really nice ooo… so while am scared of how the Bantu Knot Outs will turn out, I have to take that risk as I have no other choice with my teeny, weeny, afro…… After starting the knotting at work, I completed it at home and wore a wig cap, and with some “ irregular palpitations”(borne out of the thought of a possible disaster in the morning), I say a little prayer and go to bed…..

I wet the hair… sectioned it…..knotted each section… I wet the hair… sectioned it…..knotted each section… Yup!... at 7:15 am on Saturday, 12th November, THAT was my waking thought… I was that nervous… and so I needed to keep reminding myself of the effort I had put in and even if I turned up at the weddings looking like a Leprechaun, I did try my best….

Done with my morning devotion, I set out (of my bed) to get ready and just before I could say the J in Jack Robinson, Doyin calls and says she’d be at mine in a bit… I acquire “Godspeed” (especially as I dint have to co-wash nappy for the first time since the Big Chop) and in about 25 minutes I was ready… *sigh*… and thennn… the time had come for the Beauty to be separated from the Beast… As I un-knotted the Bantus from the back, the palpitations got louder and I kept taking deep breaths to remind myself I was still alive... almost halfway taking the knot outs from the back, I had to get into the car and head for  wedding 1… Im sure y’all know what this means…. no matter the turn out of the Bantu Knots, I’m STUCK with the hair…. Now, that freaked me out shitless…… Ok so lemme skip all the remaining drama and take you to the goooood news…..

As I walked into Tosin’s wedding (wedding 1)……. heads turned… WHY?...Duh!!! … I looked GORGE!!.  Yayyyyyyy!! It DID turn out NICE!!!... Very nice… Yes, Yes and Yes people!! I looked FAB!!!... and NO I don’t have ‘Pride of Life’ I only recognise good tins.... If you don’t believe me, see pictures below….

At wedding 1 with a colleague, Efe

En route Wedding 1 

Wedding 1 with a colleague, Deji (looking like we are in the 70's)

Wedding 2 with Dami(on my left side) and her friends...

Helloooo Boyyyy!!!!!... dont lie.... I looked nice!!!!… *dancing alanta with a really wide grin*

Wedding 2 was no different and everyone in general has a great appreciation for Nappy… Im really encouraged I must confess, more so, I met 2 rili fab chics that have been natural for 6 and 17   years respectively and typically we had brief chats about our hair n all n all…. OH yeahhhhhhh…. That reminds me…

For all y’all naturals or aspiring naturals, guess wot? ...WOT?? (Calm downnn… id tell you…lol..).... There is a ‘ Naturals in the City’ meet-up for all of us on Saturday, 19th November at 33, Sinari Daranijo Street, Off Younis Bashorun Street, Off Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos…. Yup!...Am for real!!! … it’s from 1:30 – 5:30 pm and there will be giveaways.. Im sooo excited… I’d be meeting a count of people who can give me advice and help me be proactive with Nappy… J Thanx again Jobi-tutu for telling me about this *kisssssss*

My next post will be teaching y’all some things I’ve learnt about Nappy and hair products  that could help you guys (may not work for every one so id try n be general, may be do some research)…Laterzzz

1 comment:

  1. :) You looked absolutley FAB!! My first bantu knot-out was a disaster #laughing.

    I wish i could be at the meet this weekend..sigh.. but there will be more..you have to tell me all about it..:) :* :*

    PS-The meet isnt just for natural hair chicas-its for anyone who wants to keep their hair healthy. :) so technically, everyone's invited!

    ReplyDelete