Wednesday 26 October 2011

The story till the BIG CHOP

Sooo... let me take you through my story till I decided to do the BIG CHOP….
JULY 2010
No! Anu, I love my woman to have hair…Buh baby…No, I really cant stand hair-cuts on women no matter how nice it is…*sigh…
Ok..so that was a typical conversation between my boyfriend and I in the wee days of the month of June, 2010. It was pretty annoying cos we had only started dating in May and I’m thinking ‘Wait o…is it not my hair? *rolling eyes*’….Anyywaaayyy… I eventually had a “stylish” haircut in July (without his consent…by the way)… it felt sooo, damn good…I liked the cut even though I still dint have that ‘gratification’ I was searching for (frankly I dint know wot I was searching for) and I needed to find ‘IT’. Under duress(from my boyfriend..(dont roll ur eyes just yet cos I’m reaalllyyyy into him)), I only had the hair cut on for about a month and had to fix weaves and cornrows till my hair ‘grew back out’ and in..
FEBRUARY 2011
My boyfriend got me this really sleek Brazilian weave as opposed to all other wavy or curly ones and I just had to wear it for my birthday (Valentine’s day) soo I had to ‘lye’ my hair up… and as soon as I was done relaxing my hair… I just knew I could not do ‘this’ anymore and vowed to go No-Lye from that day. I decided I was going natural but resolved to ‘grow it out’ till it was long enough … Well...until i decided to do the "Big Chop" on 16th October, 2011  :) . (That's me in the brazillian weave on my birthday)

No comments:

Post a Comment