Friday 16 December 2011

Nappy&Mee : 2 months gone…

Hey, Hey, Hey peopleeee!!! …. I know, I know… don’t be mad… I know I avnt blogged in a while and … no… I did not completely forget…. in fact, I remembered almost every day but I most certainly didn’t  want my “Adventure of the Strands of Nappy” to become a bore, so I decided to wait till our budding love affair clocked 2 (months… J) yup!!... its 2 months already… and yeah… I hope the last post was even a tad bit helpful and u learnt a thing or two…

So far…hmmmmm… its basically been not-so-different from what you already know (love/hiss affair)…. Let me re-iterate at this point tho, that I LOVE Nappy fiercely and the fact that she is growing !!!!(check pictures below) As this happens, I love her more cos she actually is ‘changing’ … well sorta… (my mentor, Jobi Tutu, told me about this before tho so I expected it) She is getting much more coily and defined…sorta… some strands are like pen-springs, others have a wider diameter and most of my strands are ‘ganging up’ (its hard to pick out a stand-alone strand)…..don’t really know how to explain it…but I love who she is becoming… Right now, she is somewhat in between a 3c and 4a hair type (closer to the 4a tho) and she is much softer and as usual, I get compliments from people about her on the regular (no, im not boasting.. just stating the reality)… I am really proud of her even tho I still get exasperated sometimes, to be honest, but in the end, it’s always worth it…
 yesterday... she has grown shey

three strands from Nappy jungle, a knot held em together so i couldnt seperate them properly

not too clear, but that was two weeks ago, in a Bantu Knot out


 Today!!....Happy Nappyversary!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Haven’t tried any new Nappy identity lately tho, been taking her around in her ‘plainest’ form  - TWA (teeny weeny afro)…. Why?... Apparently the Bantu Knot Outs aren’t ‘professional’ enough for work… sooo yeah… that’s why…

I sure will miss her when I go and “protective-style” her for Christmas. Its called tough love people…. Harmattan came into town recently and as soon as they met, Nappy got scared. Lady ‘Harmie’ isn’t particularly warm towards Nappy so even though Nappy and I wont shower together for a while, it gives me some kinda succour that she’s under cover and protected till saucy Harmattan travels back ….

Oh yeah…before I go, don’t know if I’ve mentioned that aside the confidence, self-worth and beauty I now feel for getting to know Nappy, she has effortlessly made me discover myself in more ways than ‘two’ and has brought fantastic, truly great people and moments into my life… sigh… I really do love Nappy, and the decision I made on 16th October, 2011, I can undoubtedly say, is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my whole, entire life …..*now teary eyed* … ok people, gotta go till….well…till the next time no ni… lol…

Laterzzzz… J

3 comments:

  1. awwww...... you're such a creative writer..... you're making me wanna cut my hair and get to know my Nappy... just dunno if it'll suit me as much as it does u.. *nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Im so very happy for you darling :) Your's turning out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete